Apply for Housing

Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8)
Click here for information on our Housing Choice Voucher program.
226 Linden Ave: Closed
Housing Choice Voucher Program: Open
Matthews Court LLC: Closed
Garden Gilmore LLC: Closed
Public Housing
Click here for information on our Public Housing program.
Linden, Utley, Foushee: Closed
Harris Court: Closed

If you are elderly or disabled and require further assistance or a reasonable accommodation please call (919) 897-2311

In order to process your application, we require the following:
- Government Issued Photo Identification for every member 18 years or older
- Social Security card for all members of household
- Birth Certificates for all members of household
- Proof of Enrollment for any Education
- Income Verification for all household income (Including employment, pensions, private assistance, military pay, food stamps and child support or any other Government assistance).

- Residents must agree to annual home inspections by Housing Authority (HA) representatives during occupancy.
- Head of Household must maintain all utilities in their name.

Prior residents of any housing authority must:
- Have paid in full any balance owed to that housing authority.

Once the initial online application is completed, and when there is available vouchers, you will be contacted by HA staff to schedule an appointment to provide the necessary verification and sign all applicable release forms.

All adult members (18 years and older) must attend the application appointment. HA will also review criminal history of household members.

HA has instituted a smoke-free policy. This policy prohibits the use of tobacco products in all living units, indoor common areas, administrative offices, maintenance and community buildings, and all outdoor areas within 25 feet of housing and administrative buildings.

To start your application for housing, click the Start Application button.